Safe Feed/Safe Food

Printer-friendly version

A Few Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Does this program replace the Restricted Use Protein Program of the Facility Certification Institute/Validus?
No.  The RUPP program of FCI ( is a unique program that provides a written certification of compliance with the bovine spongiform encephalopathy feed rule, specifically for feed and related facilities to provide to their cattle customers. Many packing plants require such written certification in order to market cattle for slaughter.

Back to FAQs